Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 8 shows that the wifi is connected but the is no icon at the top of the screen and won't connect with the internet.

My iphone 8 shows that the wifi is connected but the is no icon at the top of the screen and won't connect with the internet.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 8:18 PM

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is first part and then getting connected to Internet is the second

1. If you are connected to a Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem of iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact you ISP immediately

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2020 8:18 PM in response to kenst95

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is first part and then getting connected to Internet is the second

1. If you are connected to a Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem of iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact you ISP immediately

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.