Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software update

when i try to update the software, my macbook air restarts but the new update dosnt installs , and it again prompts to install new update, i tried it 10 times bt its not working

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 1:26 AM

First, does the Internal SSD have at least 20+ GB Empty space? If not, the update will not install until there is enough space to allow it to do its thing.

Second, if the internal drive has the required empty space, then connect to charger, restart computer and immediately hold the SHIFT key ( Safe Mode ). Give it time as it will load much more slowly

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2020 1:26 AM in response to monark98

First, does the Internal SSD have at least 20+ GB Empty space? If not, the update will not install until there is enough space to allow it to do its thing.

Second, if the internal drive has the required empty space, then connect to charger, restart computer and immediately hold the SHIFT key ( Safe Mode ). Give it time as it will load much more slowly

Software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.