Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different apple ID

Hello , my WhatsApp needs an update, when i go to the app store to update it it requires a password for another apple ID that’s not mine , all apps request the password for my ID , but whatsapp request another one , can you solve this problem please. Thank you

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 3:00 PM

Howdy User1768,

It sounds like you're being prompted to enter in the password to a different Apple ID when you go to update WhatsApp. In this scenario, if you want the application to be associated with your Apple ID, you'll need to remove it and download it again using your credentials. As a heads up, we recommend reaching out to that developer to learn what happens to your data when you perform this action.

To contact an app developer, check out the steps here: How to contact an app developer

Outside of that, the only way to continue getting updates of that app would be to provide the credentials for the Apple ID account being displayed.

We hope that helps.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2020 3:00 PM in response to User1768

Howdy User1768,

It sounds like you're being prompted to enter in the password to a different Apple ID when you go to update WhatsApp. In this scenario, if you want the application to be associated with your Apple ID, you'll need to remove it and download it again using your credentials. As a heads up, we recommend reaching out to that developer to learn what happens to your data when you perform this action.

To contact an app developer, check out the steps here: How to contact an app developer

Outside of that, the only way to continue getting updates of that app would be to provide the credentials for the Apple ID account being displayed.

We hope that helps.

Take care.

Different apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.