You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can HomePod ring when iPhone call comes in

I will happily buy two HomePods for my hard of hearing father (who never hears his iPhone/iPad when it rings) if HomePods can act as repeat ringers.

I understand that the earlier versions could not: has this issue now been addressed?

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 6:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 10:55 AM

That is how I understand it as well at the moment, but Apple can do better than that: when I am connected with my iPad or Macbook Pro and my iPhone rings it rings on all my devices (I actually don't know how, but I find it useful so leave it like that), so why on earth can't we have (an option) to have the HomePod do the same thing: it would be consistant, logical and EXTREMELY useful for the hard of hearing, or simply someone working in another room away from his/her iPhone.

This seems such an obvious functionality, I just find it perverse that Apple is not offering it: Apple stop developing silly emojis for children and use your position to offer both business and people solutions, to real world problems!

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2020 10:55 AM in response to turingtest2

That is how I understand it as well at the moment, but Apple can do better than that: when I am connected with my iPad or Macbook Pro and my iPhone rings it rings on all my devices (I actually don't know how, but I find it useful so leave it like that), so why on earth can't we have (an option) to have the HomePod do the same thing: it would be consistant, logical and EXTREMELY useful for the hard of hearing, or simply someone working in another room away from his/her iPhone.

This seems such an obvious functionality, I just find it perverse that Apple is not offering it: Apple stop developing silly emojis for children and use your position to offer both business and people solutions, to real world problems!

Oct 17, 2020 1:13 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank-you, I have done that, but somehow know that nothing will be done when one receives this as a reply:

Thank you for your feedback on HomePod.

We cannot respond to you personally, but please know that your message has been received and will be reviewed by the HomePod Team. If we need to follow up with you on your ideas for improving the HomePod, we will contact you directly.

We appreciate your assistance in making HomePod better.

It is the basic stuff that makes (made) Apple good: not childish emojis.

Can HomePod ring when iPhone call comes in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.