Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update my Apple Watch Series 3

I am unable to update my Apple Watch series 3. When I try on my watch it tells me I have to accept the new privacy policy on my phone. But when I try on my watch app on my phone, it would open the “General” tab. It highlights the tab but freezes there. I even tried to unpair my watch but it does the same thing. It freezes the app after I sign in and won’t unpair. I already tried shutting them both off and airplane mode. Nothing works.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 8:06 AM

1 reply

Oct 20, 2020 4:27 PM in response to HJ_20

Hi there Heidi,

From what we can tell, you're having difficulty updating the software on your Apple Watch. We're glad you're here, and we can help. To start, you'll want to turn off Low Power Mode in Settings > Battery. Then, be sure your iPhone is running the latest software version, iOS 14.1. If needed, the link below provides step-by-step instructions for updating:

Update your iPhone

After your iPhone is updated, be sure you're following the steps in this link to update your Apple Watch. You'll want to specifically take a closer look at the 'If you need help updating' section:

Update your Apple Watch

We hope this helps. Cheers.

Unable to update my Apple Watch Series 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.