Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio in FCPX title template

Is there a way to include audio in a FCPX title template generated from Motion? There is nothing about this in the manual that I can see and lots of searching reveals nothing. I have tried publishing just about every parameter from Motion and included unused media files, but despite reloading FCPX several times with graphics changes being re-published no audio comes across. It plays perfectly in Motion and I could export as a movie file, but then I cannot re-use the text parameters. Audio is turned on everywhere in Motion.

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 10:23 AM

You have to add the audio back manually, but you will find a copy of the audio in the Title template > Media folder.

I recommend two things:

1) set an object to Start (turn on) on the first frame of the audio clip (unless your audio starts on the first frame) with a parameter to turn the object off once you get the audio re-sync'd, and

2) set a Build In Mandatory marker at least at the end of the audio. That way, if you have to change the length of the title in FCPX, the audio will remain sync'd.

Unselect all layers when adding Build In/Out/etc. Markers. If you need help with that, get back with me.

Then, as Luis suggested, you can create a compound clip of your title and audio for future use. You'll have to Break Apart Clip Items to get to the Title parameters when added to a storyline later.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2020 10:23 AM in response to melodeonman

You have to add the audio back manually, but you will find a copy of the audio in the Title template > Media folder.

I recommend two things:

1) set an object to Start (turn on) on the first frame of the audio clip (unless your audio starts on the first frame) with a parameter to turn the object off once you get the audio re-sync'd, and

2) set a Build In Mandatory marker at least at the end of the audio. That way, if you have to change the length of the title in FCPX, the audio will remain sync'd.

Unselect all layers when adding Build In/Out/etc. Markers. If you need help with that, get back with me.

Then, as Luis suggested, you can create a compound clip of your title and audio for future use. You'll have to Break Apart Clip Items to get to the Title parameters when added to a storyline later.

Oct 16, 2020 10:08 AM in response to melodeonman

AFAIK, there is no way to publish audio with Motion templates. Audio in Motion only works if you create a Motion project and export as a Quicktime movie.

What you can do, if you really want to associate audio with a title:

-create the visual part of the title in Motion

-add the title and the audio to a timeline in FCP

-make that into a compound clip

Then you can use this compound (make sure to do Clip->Reference New Parent Clip before making changes to the compound)

Oct 16, 2020 2:16 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks. I suspected that was the case, but was not sure. In my case I have the original audio file which does not need synchronising, just needs to be roughly the same length as the graphics. So the easiest solution for me is just to ingest separately into FCPX and use it against the Motion created template. If I have a template where no parameters change I'l just export it as a video file.

Thanks for both these replies, which may come in handy if I need to do something more complex in future.

Audio in FCPX title template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.