Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In iMovie I would like to trim the middle of a music clip to match the video length and move the halves together.

In iMovie I would like to trim the middle of a music clip to match the video length and move the halves together.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 6:37 PM

To Rich839

Thanks. I tried your method. At first nothing happened. Then it worked as you mentioned. I can't explain it. iMovie is strange ever since it was changed/updated. I like the old version. Thanks again.

Mike McD.

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 16, 2020 11:34 AM in response to jmikemcd

Hi, jmikemcd,

Select the music clip and double click on the spot where you want to make the split. That will move the playhead to that spot. Then do Modify/Split Clip.

Once you have split the clip, put your cursor on the edge of it and, while pressing down, drag the edge toward the center of the clip to trim it to the point that you want. Then drag the two segments together.

-- Rich

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.