Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Low Battery Warning Alarm Noise

How do I disable the Low Battery Warning Notification for AirPods?

Every time my AirPods warn me that the battery is low they play a 4 note tone that is always super loud. My music is set at a low volume but the alarm is substantially louder. On settings I reduced loud sounds down to 85 decibels, and although I don’t know how loud the alarm is, I know it’s way louder than the limit I set. I’m thinking of even getting rid of these things because my ears ring and feel numb after the tone plays. In my opinion it’s not even a good idea to have the warning on anyways, I would much rather the pods die out than temporarily deafen me to warn me they’re on low battery.

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 1:11 PM

Hi Karina184,

Thank you, but that didn’t work. My alert volume is turned all the way down but the noise is still very loud. I’m going to call customer service to see if there’s something I’m missing.

thanks anyways :)

2 replies

Oct 21, 2020 5:46 AM in response to salvador1234

Hi salvador1234,

We understand that you're experiencing some unpleasant volume when your AirPods are in your ears, and we can definitely assist.

When you have a chance, let's take a look at the Setting app > Sounds & Haptics screen and see where the Ring/Alert volume is. This will be separate from the music volume, and may be playing a part in the loud alerts that you're hearing.

If you're unfamiliar with this setting, the resource below will walk you through how to adjust it.

Change iPhone sounds and vibrations

Please let us know what you find, and we'll keep working from there.

Best regards!

AirPods Low Battery Warning Alarm Noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.