Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Step length in the Health App

How does the Health App calculate step length? I am 172cms tall and the App consistently records a step length for me of 110-120cms, which is physically impossible. Moreover, on long walks my distance divided by steps gives a step length around 70-73 cms.

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 10:29 AM

Hi Mr Michael J Gray,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with the Health App and accurate step tracking. It sounds like you are only using your iPhone X and not an Apple Watch.

Make sure your iPhone has the latest update: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Be sure Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness > Fitness Tracking and Health are both enabled. If they are, toggle these settings off and on.

Restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone.

If we were mistaken and you are using an Apple Watch, please follow: Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch.

Let us know how it goes.

Have a fantastic day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 10:29 AM in response to Mr Michael J Gray

Hi Mr Michael J Gray,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with the Health App and accurate step tracking. It sounds like you are only using your iPhone X and not an Apple Watch.

Make sure your iPhone has the latest update: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Be sure Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness > Fitness Tracking and Health are both enabled. If they are, toggle these settings off and on.

Restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone.

If we were mistaken and you are using an Apple Watch, please follow: Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch.

Let us know how it goes.

Have a fantastic day!

Step length in the Health App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.