Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After this latest security update my Mac Pro with 10.13.6 cannot print on network printers

After this latest security update my Mac Pro with 10.13.6 cannot print on network printers

Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 9:04 AM

Latest Sec Upds have messed up many people, reinstalling the OS seems to fix 90% of the problems.

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup).

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2020 9:04 AM in response to PT Stephen

Latest Sec Upds have messed up many people, reinstalling the OS seems to fix 90% of the problems.

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup).

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Oct 17, 2020 11:27 PM in response to BDAqua

Booting into safe mode may have helped with one printer, a Samsung_CLP_310_Series connected to another computer via ethernet. It was able to print in safe mode and upon reboot. My other printer a Brother MFC-J450DW is connected to the same other computer via USB and on my High Sierra computer I had to delete the printer and add it again to get it to work. Thanks for the helpful hint and easy to follow instructions. Been a long time since I had to get into Safe Mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.