Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch no longer registers exercise

My watch (Series 4, latest OS update) has stopped counting (almost) anything as exercise. Is there some way to fix this?

In detail, we've been going on long neighborhood walks since starting to work from home in March. The watch has generally counted most or all of those walks as exercise. Then we had about a month of smoke and couldn't go outside, so any exercise I had was on an elliptical machine. Now that the air is good again and we're out for walks again, the exercise ring never moves off zero. I've tried outdoor walk (which was working fine before) and inside walk, both never move off zero. Heart rate and pace are basically the same as when it was working fine, so something has changed with the watch. If I use "Other" it will register, but then I get no distance information. Suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

3 replies

Apple Watch no longer registers exercise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.