Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing music with Apple Music

Will 33 1/3 RPM albums uploaded to my music be lost if I sync music with Apple Music? What about music from uploaded CDs?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 8:45 AM

I found the answer which is much safer. Make sure your master music is on your iMac or MacBook. Connect your iPhone or other device to your master computer via USB. Go into Finder and click on your connected device. At the top is the old way of syncing your "stuff" as you did on iTunes - Music, Books, etc. Click on Music and then Sync (button is at the bottom of the screen). Just be sure your computer has the master. You can then select what you want to Sync to your connected device. If all your devices sync on the cloud, you should get your music on all your connected devices. My geeky neighbor had to show me at first.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 8:45 AM in response to Bernie65

I found the answer which is much safer. Make sure your master music is on your iMac or MacBook. Connect your iPhone or other device to your master computer via USB. Go into Finder and click on your connected device. At the top is the old way of syncing your "stuff" as you did on iTunes - Music, Books, etc. Click on Music and then Sync (button is at the bottom of the screen). Just be sure your computer has the master. You can then select what you want to Sync to your connected device. If all your devices sync on the cloud, you should get your music on all your connected devices. My geeky neighbor had to show me at first.

Syncing music with Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.