Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i access the app store the search tab doesn

when i access the app store On my new MacBook Pro the search tab doesn’t launch To find the app I’m looking for..... went to my phone and was able to search the store so I know the app exists

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 3:06 PM

The Mac and the iPad have different App Stores. The apps for iPad don't work on a Mac and vice versa.

If the app is in the iOS App Store, but not the Mac App Store, then the developer doesn't make a Mac version.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.7; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.0.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.0.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 14.0.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.0.2  HomePods, audioOS 14 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 3:06 PM in response to tfdds

The Mac and the iPad have different App Stores. The apps for iPad don't work on a Mac and vice versa.

If the app is in the iOS App Store, but not the Mac App Store, then the developer doesn't make a Mac version.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.7; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.0.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.0.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 14.0.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.0.2  HomePods, audioOS 14 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

when i access the app store the search tab doesn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.