Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay icon in iTunes for windows 64-bit version 12.10.9.3 had gone away

airplay icon in iTunes for windows 64-bit version 12.10.9.3 had gone away. I have removed and re-installed iTunes and still not appearing. It shows when first launching the program but goes away immediately.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 5:26 AM

I believe the icon is hidden if no AirPlay speakers are found on the network. Do you have any third party anti-virus or firewall product that could be blocking communications? See TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products - Apple Support. Could you have enabled wireless isolation on your router? This lets devices talk to the Internet but hides wireless devices on your network from each other.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 5:26 AM in response to PWeyna

I believe the icon is hidden if no AirPlay speakers are found on the network. Do you have any third party anti-virus or firewall product that could be blocking communications? See TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products - Apple Support. Could you have enabled wireless isolation on your router? This lets devices talk to the Internet but hides wireless devices on your network from each other.

tt2

Oct 18, 2020 11:57 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi TT2,

Thanks for your reply. It pointed me in the direction that I hadn't checked yet. That was the fact that my Sony AV Receiver did not retrieve an IP Address after I had rebooted it. Once I got it to retrieve an IP Address from my DHCP server and turned it on, I reloaded iTunes for Windows and was able to see the AirPlay icon and play my iTunes music library over my Soney AV Receiver.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Paul

airplay icon in iTunes for windows 64-bit version 12.10.9.3 had gone away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.