Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gen 7 Ipod Touch Battery Drain

Hi all, I purchased a new Gen 7 Ipod back in July, I only want the thing for my music in my car and when Im camping out using a bluetooth speaker so I have no need for features such as measuring how many farts i do per day  .....right from the start the unit loses 4% battery life per hour with everything switched off, I've tried 3 or 4 IOS versions with no improvement, I'm currently on IOS 14.1, I have taken it into the Apple store in my town and the kid said it was fine , It uses 4% battery life per hour WITH NOTHING SWITCHED ON.............I have followed all the steps on the internet to try and extend battery life with no improvement......I can't accept that this thing would eat through battery life even when switched off.....................I would have been better off spending money on my old Gen 2 as it was fantastic , only using perhaps 1% of the battery overnight, does anybody have any suggestions on what I could do but please dont tell me to switch apps refresh and wifi off because I've done all that, I've done full resets as well. I have attached a couple of screenshots from the battery app Cheers Bernie

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 3:18 PM

3 replies

Oct 21, 2020 4:41 PM in response to -Ragsy-

I had a rapidly draining iPod touch (latest model) battery, too, while only using it for daily "music walks" - all other apps/features were deleted or turned off. I could literally watch the charge fall on the battery scale.

Our local Apple store "wiped it" and reinstalled the default OS and no further issues (as of two weeks ago). If you are near an Apple Store, have them check it because it certainly isn't normal! The Genius Bar technician said they have not received any reports of problems from the most recent software update.

Gen 7 Ipod Touch Battery Drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.