Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I keep my MacBookPro plugged in when connected to Thunderbolt monitor? It turns off when I unplug so I guess I have to. But I've read that it's best not to keep it plugged in ALL the time..?

Running a new MacBook Pro. It turns off when I unplug it while tethered to Thunderbolt so I guess I have to leave it on the charger. But I've read that it's best not to keep it charging ALL the time..?

MacBook

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 5:02 PM

You can leave it plugged in. Neither your computer nor battery will be damaged. I leave mine plugged in when convenient to do so. An advantage of leaving it plugged in is the reduced rate of accumulation of battery cycles.

Similar questions

1 reply

Should I keep my MacBookPro plugged in when connected to Thunderbolt monitor? It turns off when I unplug so I guess I have to. But I've read that it's best not to keep it plugged in ALL the time..?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.