Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it bad to leave MacBook plugged while and while not being used with monitor.

I have a monitor and I connect it to my MacBook with the lid close. for that to work there should be powering coming in. I leave my MacBook plugged in just so when I need to use it I would just wake it up using my external mouse and keyboard and it will just wake my monitor up. So I leave my MacBook plugged in, use it with my monitor from time to time. is it bad?

thank you

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 16, 2022 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 4:37 PM

marcfromstatefarm wrote:

I have a monitor and I connect it to my MacBook with the lid close. for that to work there should be powering coming in. I leave my MacBook plugged in just so when I need to use it I would just wake it up using my external mouse and keyboard and it will just wake my monitor up. So I leave my MacBook plugged in, use it with my monitor from time to time. is it bad?

thank you

It is preferred.

The rule of thumb— if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability the run on battery only.

BHM will take of the rest: About battery health management in Mac notebook

w/ silicon

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2022 4:37 PM in response to marcfromstatefarm

marcfromstatefarm wrote:

thank you

It is preferred.

The rule of thumb— if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability the run on battery only.

BHM will take of the rest: About battery health management in Mac notebook

w/ silicon

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

is it bad to leave MacBook plugged while and while not being used with monitor.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.