Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appointment setting headache

Hi,

I did not like the new change to the already brilliant interface we had while creating new meetings.

I usually go to the date in the calendar and hit the ’+’ sign to create the meeting. At that point I am only interested in the start time, end time etc, etc. 99% of the time, the meeting ends on the same day. Yet ‘Apple’ has decided that they should show my the entire calendar again to chose the date on which my appointment ends. Is this really necessary? Often while trying to scroll downward, I hit some random date. Then when creating the appointment it complaints that the end date is earlier than the start date.

Also, when I set the minutes, it’s scrolls minute by minute. Tell me in the corporate world, who wants to setup a meeting at staring at 10:02 and end at say 10:43? Very minimal people. We probably would like to have an interval of 5 minutes as a worst case. Otherwise the interface becomes cumbersome!

Some things in Apple have been brilliantly made. If we all love it, why just change it to please someone who wants to contribute an update? It’s a pointless exercise.

How can I make sure that the calendar does not show up again midway when I am more interested to set the end time of my meeting?

Also for the interval change, is there a setting I could change to avoid this hindrance? Previously I could double tap to switch between 5 min intervals instead of minute by minute intervals.

Please help! I am starting to lose faith in Apple!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 11:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 11:46 PM

Here is a link that may help.

I find it much easier to add Calendar events with Siri. It might be worth experimenting.

2 replies

Oct 18, 2020 12:08 AM in response to Sean_W.

With Apple, typically work arounds are not required, because someone or a team carefully thought about many things and designed options. If it worked, then left it alone. But this time around I am stumped!

Thanks for the suggestion, I will use Siri. But if Siri half fills a meeting request and you have to edit the meeting then you have to deal with this headache again! In the corporate world, we want many things to be done with the least number of clicks and we want to move on to the next with very little time, without mucking around with a ‘poorly’ designed interface.

Cheers

Appointment setting headache

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.