Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Ventura: Calendar: Show as "Busy", "Out Of Office" disappeared from Calendar App

I have my Microsoft 365 calendar (Exchange) connected to my MacOS Calendar app as I have it in my iPhone. In the past versions of MacOS there was an option available to mark the time of the meeting as "Busy", "Free" or "Out of Office". After upgrading to MacOS Ventura I don't have this option available any longer. On my iPhone with iOS 16 it is still available, so I don't understand why it's not on MacOS :(

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 1:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 1:04 PM

Are you kidding me, Dustin_R_308? I know that ⌘+V is easier than reading the problem. Please, be so kind, and don't spoil the discussion with irrelevant (and long) replies.

9 replies

Nov 2, 2022 5:06 PM in response to kremik

Greetings kremik,

You can learn how to add and modify events in Calendar here:

Add, modify, or delete events in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support

"Modify an event

1. In the Calendar app  on your Mac, double-click or force click the event to open it.
  2. If you created the event, you can do any of the following:
  1. Siri: Say something like: “Change my lunch from 12:30 to 1 p.m.” Learn how to use Siri.

To change an event’s start or end time, you can drag the top or bottom edge of the event. You can also drag the left or right edge of all-day events.

To change an event’s date or time, drag the event to another day or time. You can also drag the event to the small calendar in the bottom left of the calendar list. To view the calendar list, choose View > Show Calendar List.

If you didn’t create the event, you can change your acceptance status. You may also be able to leave a comment for the event organizer or propose a new time. See Reply to invitations."

Take care.

Nov 9, 2022 2:05 PM in response to Grobaouche

Adding a new meeting didn't help in my case, but based on your experiment I tried to remove an account from MacOS and re-add it and it's back. I have tried with different account just to disable calendar functions (deleting all events from mac) and then re-enabling it and it also helped and the option is back.

BUT: Still there are just 3 options available: Free, Busy and Tentative, but OUT OF OFFICE is still missing :(

Also 13.0.1 doesn't have a fix for that :(

Nov 8, 2022 2:12 PM in response to kremik

Hey Kremik,

same problem here since updating to Ventura, but I have also the problem with my iCloud calendar on both my iPhone and my Mac.

It seems this bug is quite old and affect users since years and have never been solved.

I found many posts about this problem over the years and no solutions so far…

However on my 365 account I managed to have the option back by creating a meeting with Teams, being as « free », and when I clicked on it in the Calendar App the status option was back.

it did not work for my other account though…

Nov 11, 2022 2:30 PM in response to kremik

All I have is a grumpy and sympathetic "me too." I have just discovered this exact problem: on my Macbook with Ventura, now events during the working day default to "busy" and all-day events default to "free" with no options to change them. As noted, "show as" remains available for mobile iOS. Also, I can go into Exchange web app and update the "show as" there, and even though Calendar event doesn't reveal a difference, that change holds for Exchange-based scheduling, so others will treat my calendar appropriately when scheduling meetings through Exchange. (Unlike Grobaouche, my fix doesn't re-enable the setting in Calendar app.) It's a pain to edit these events twice, and I know I'm going to miss something and end up with a snafu.

MacOS Ventura: Calendar: Show as "Busy", "Out Of Office" disappeared from Calendar App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.