Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Heats Up in Backpack | POWERED DOWN

I've had repeated issues with my MacBook Pro heating up in my backpack. First, I tried to pack it when the computer was in "sleep" mode and it still happened (multiple times). Today, I made certain to close applications and "Shut Down" my computer before packing in the backpack. I noticed it was overheating through my pack. I quickly removed it and "shut down" again, only for it to restart and reheat AGAIN.

Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 7:13 AM

Are you shutting it down correctly?

From: Log out, sleep, restart, or shut down your Mac - Apple Support

"Important: If you have a portable Mac, wait for it to shut down completely before closing the display. If you close the display while the Mac is shutting down, it may not shut down properly and may start up more slowly the next time you turn it on. "

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 7:13 AM in response to britta241

Are you shutting it down correctly?

From: Log out, sleep, restart, or shut down your Mac - Apple Support

"Important: If you have a portable Mac, wait for it to shut down completely before closing the display. If you close the display while the Mac is shutting down, it may not shut down properly and may start up more slowly the next time you turn it on. "

MacBook Pro Heats Up in Backpack | POWERED DOWN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.