Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro easily overheating

i understand that macs aren’t known for their thermal management, but even when I’m doing light work on a desk my Mac starts to overheat and the fans start going full speed. It’s pretty annoying considering I’ve only had it for about a year. I can’t imagine it’s clogged up with dust because it’s been happening for months, and it’s not because I’m doing things that take a lot of computing power. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 22, 2020 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 12:00 PM

Try an SMC reset.

Run the Apple Diagnostics.

If you have a USB-C laptop with four USB-C ports, then try using the charger on the right side ports. I know it doesn't make any sense, but some people are reporting issues where this actually works.

If you still have problems, then run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2020 12:00 PM in response to nolanhoff

Try an SMC reset.

Run the Apple Diagnostics.

If you have a USB-C laptop with four USB-C ports, then try using the charger on the right side ports. I know it doesn't make any sense, but some people are reporting issues where this actually works.

If you still have problems, then run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

MacBook Pro easily overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.