Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email password

I have a new iPhone 11 Pro and I want to add my old email address to the new iPhone. My husband and I previously shared his Apple ID and my email was added to his Apple ID. He has since removed that email address from his ID. Now, my iPhone wants the password for my email. We tried using his password and it didn't work. We never created a password for my old email address. How do we keep my old email address on my new iPhone and Apple ID? Is it posssible?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 7:43 AM

Email password or Apple ID password?

For the email password, have you gone to the email provider's web site to see if there is a reset password option so you can recover the password?

Did you create an Apple ID using that email address and you need the Apple ID password?

For the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password   

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 7:43 AM in response to AutumnApple20

Email password or Apple ID password?

For the email password, have you gone to the email provider's web site to see if there is a reset password option so you can recover the password?

Did you create an Apple ID using that email address and you need the Apple ID password?

For the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password   

email password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.