Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download Windows Support Software for BootCamp

I have a brand new 27" iMac and I have it all set up and working, but cannot install BootCamp.

Every time I try, I get the message:

"Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update Server."

I have reinstalled the system software, contacted Apple phone "Support" and they were horrible. The tech told me I'd have to pack up my new machine and take it to the Apple Store. I'm not doing that as it's in the mall and I'm staying away from crowded areas, plush it's a real PITA.

There must be a solution out there?

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 7:00 AM

SOLVED!

The Apple Engineers got back with me and said it had something to do with the snapshots in TechTool Pro. Once I turned that feature off the BootCamp install went along with no problems at all!

10 replies

Oct 18, 2020 8:36 AM in response to Todd Reitz

Todd Reitz wrote:

I have a brand new 27" iMac and I have it all set up and working, but cannot install BootCamp.
Every time I try, I get the message:
"Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update Server."

I have reinstalled the system software, contacted Apple phone "Support" and they were horrible. The tech told me I'd have to pack up my new machine and take it to the Apple Store. I'm not doing that as it's in the mall and I'm staying away from crowded areas, plush it's a real PITA.

There must be a solution out there?

~/Applications/Utilities/Boot Camp Assistant.app

Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant ...

Boot Camp Assistant User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Oct 18, 2020 10:31 AM in response to Todd Reitz

Todd Reitz wrote:

This happens through the BootCamp assistant app. What does that have to do with Safari?
Unless you are sayin Safari needs to be my default browser for some reason?

If BC Assistant is causing issues, try Brigadier (https://github.com/timsutton/brigadier).

This will let you download the WindowsSupport files.

Oct 19, 2020 3:02 AM in response to skbylife

I got into a chat with an Apple tech last night (but got cut off). He suggested starting in Safe mode and trying it. I did that this morning and before I got too far it told me I needed a 64 bit .iso file for windows. Thought I had one, but am downloading another anyway.

Have no idea about Brigadier either. Had a virtual machine running, started it and....... Just a blank terminal like screen that went away after a while. Hey, we're Mac users, we don't do command line stuff :-)

Can't download Windows Support Software for BootCamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.