Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS 14 Widgets Bug?

Hi! I have looked all over and couldn’t find an answer to this question I have regarding iOS 14/iPadOS 14. I believe it’s a bug. Ever since I updated to iOS 14 on my 6th generation iPad, sometimes the widgets vary in size (randomly become visually smaller than the others). Some apps and folders on the home screen change in size as well. I have rebooted and restarted my iPad several times but it still won’t stop glitching. I really don’t want to backup and restore unless I have to. Has anyone else experienced this issue? What should I do? This iPad has never glitched like this before.

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 9:46 AM

This is a bug wthin iPadOS14 - of which we have seen frequent reports in the Support Community. The issue of inconsistent scaling/sizing of Home Screen App/Folder icons also extends to the new-style Widgets - whilst the old style Widgets are seemingly unaffected by this bug.

The iPadOS 14.0.1 update appears to have resolved this issue for the majority of users. If you have not yet updated to the currently supported version, you would be best advised to do so - as the update addresses a number of issues.

If you have already updated - and the issue persists - a forced-restart of the iPad may be beneficial:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

I hope this information and guidance proves to be helpful in resolving resolving the problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 9:46 AM in response to Toichii

This is a bug wthin iPadOS14 - of which we have seen frequent reports in the Support Community. The issue of inconsistent scaling/sizing of Home Screen App/Folder icons also extends to the new-style Widgets - whilst the old style Widgets are seemingly unaffected by this bug.

The iPadOS 14.0.1 update appears to have resolved this issue for the majority of users. If you have not yet updated to the currently supported version, you would be best advised to do so - as the update addresses a number of issues.

If you have already updated - and the issue persists - a forced-restart of the iPad may be beneficial:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

I hope this information and guidance proves to be helpful in resolving resolving the problem.

iPadOS 14 Widgets Bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.