Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Library on iCloud

When I try to open up my photo library I get a message saying to delete incomplete items - I did this an now I have a fraction of my photos - 800 as opposed to 52,000. Where are my photos?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 8:47 PM

The message you describe sounds like the one you get when you try to disable iCloud Photos for your library (disconnect the Mac from the library in iCloud) if your library has Optimize Mac Storage enabled and active.

Have you tried checking the cloud copy of the library by logging on iCloud.com with your Apple ID/password and entering the Photos section there?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 8:47 PM in response to 12Southpaw

The message you describe sounds like the one you get when you try to disable iCloud Photos for your library (disconnect the Mac from the library in iCloud) if your library has Optimize Mac Storage enabled and active.

Have you tried checking the cloud copy of the library by logging on iCloud.com with your Apple ID/password and entering the Photos section there?

Photo Library on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.