Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep Apple watch 6 unlocked

OK just upgraded from an Apple Watch 4. I was never prompted for a passcode. But every time I take the Apple Watch 6 off I am prompted for a passcode and it is annoying and in my opinion unnecessary.

I have searched for solutions but everything I see is unacceptable.

If I turn off passcode it removes my Apple Pay cards.

If I turn off wrist detection it turns off all health tracking.

I did set "unlock with iPhone" but I usually use my watch long before my iphone, sometimes hours before.

There is supposed to be a lock icon when I swipe up and control center and I can't find either one.

Running watch OS 7.02 iPhone OS 14.0.1

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 4:55 PM

You cannot have credit cards and Apple Pay on the Apple Watch without a passcode.

You can setup to allow unlocking the Apple Watch if your iPhone is already unlocked. But in reality, I'm putting my Apple Watch on before I unlock my iPhone, so most of the time I'm tapping in my pass code each morning after I get up.

Also make sure you have Wrist Detection enabled. Apple Watch -> Settings -> Passcode -> Wrist Detection.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 4:55 PM in response to gherman22

You cannot have credit cards and Apple Pay on the Apple Watch without a passcode.

You can setup to allow unlocking the Apple Watch if your iPhone is already unlocked. But in reality, I'm putting my Apple Watch on before I unlock my iPhone, so most of the time I'm tapping in my pass code each morning after I get up.

Also make sure you have Wrist Detection enabled. Apple Watch -> Settings -> Passcode -> Wrist Detection.

Keep Apple watch 6 unlocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.