Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB 3 Camera Adapter and ios 14.x.x on iPhone Xr

Simple problem on iPhone Xr

Before September 2020

ios 13.x.x + USB 3 Camera adapter and Apple Power Supply + external USB DAC (Cambridge Audio Dac Magic XS 2.0) = musical happiness, no gliches, no hassle, a 100% working system.

Post September 2020

ios 14.x.x + USB 3 Camera adapter and Apple Power Supply + external USB DAC (Cambridge Audio Dac Magic XS 2.0) = musical nothingness, no audio, lots of hassle, a 0% working system.

Apparently, the same identical system has increased its power requirements producing a 'Cannot use Accessory' warning. The only difference is a change of iOS version.

Any comment?

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 1:19 PM

Exact same error message here, except I was on Android (OnePlus 6T McLaren) before. My iPhone 12 Pro Max cost $1400 and yet it can’t even use a headphone DAC — literally made for phones... This is completely ridiculous.

From my research, supposedly iPhones can output 100mW max... Well, the Cambridge Audio DACMagic XS 2.0 pulls 150mW at max. My guess is this is not just an iOS bug, bug but an issue with how the lightning port is configured. They’ll need to ensure a max output of 1.5x the current confit.

This needs to be fixed, ASAP. Guess I’ll have to keep my OnePlus with me for a while until this is fixed. Ugh...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2020 1:19 PM in response to SMJ-audio

Exact same error message here, except I was on Android (OnePlus 6T McLaren) before. My iPhone 12 Pro Max cost $1400 and yet it can’t even use a headphone DAC — literally made for phones... This is completely ridiculous.

From my research, supposedly iPhones can output 100mW max... Well, the Cambridge Audio DACMagic XS 2.0 pulls 150mW at max. My guess is this is not just an iOS bug, bug but an issue with how the lightning port is configured. They’ll need to ensure a max output of 1.5x the current confit.

This needs to be fixed, ASAP. Guess I’ll have to keep my OnePlus with me for a while until this is fixed. Ugh...

USB 3 Camera Adapter and ios 14.x.x on iPhone Xr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.