Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tip button on Calculator app not appearing

I want to be able to switch between the percentage and tip function on the Apple Watch calculator app. In watchOS 6, you had to Force Touch the middle of the screen in the app to bring up a menu to toggle between the two. However, with watchOS 7, Force Touch has been removed in favour of a long press. However, doing this has no effect in the Calculator app, swiping doesn't work either and holding either the top or bottom of the screen brings up Notification Centre and Control Centre, respectively. I've tried holding down on every single button in the calculator app, unpaired and repaired the Watch and restarted it. No luck. Anybody got a method for this? I'm using an Apple Watch Series 3 GPS on watchOS 7.0.1 paired to an iPhone 8 Plus 64GB running iOS 14.2.

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 8:10 PM

According to this, Use Calculator on Apple Watch - Apple Support the tip function is not available in all regions, however, since it seems you used it before, not sure what the difference is. I just checked Settings on the Apple Watch itself, and there is a Calculator section. There is a checkbox to change the percent button to Tip. That must be what you have to do. Try that.

That was news to me. Sorry for the runaround.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 8:10 PM in response to mylifeasmanta

According to this, Use Calculator on Apple Watch - Apple Support the tip function is not available in all regions, however, since it seems you used it before, not sure what the difference is. I just checked Settings on the Apple Watch itself, and there is a Calculator section. There is a checkbox to change the percent button to Tip. That must be what you have to do. Try that.

That was news to me. Sorry for the runaround.

Tip button on Calculator app not appearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.