Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore deleted iMessages from an old iCloud backup?

I deleted text messages, but have since backed up my phone multiple times. I would like to try to restore those deleted text messages. Is there a way to do so, even though I've backed up my iCloud more than once since deleting them?

Thanks!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 1:26 PM

If you had messages in iCloud turned on Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support and those messages were deleted, then they are permanently gone. If that feature wasn't turned on, you can restore from a backup -- Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support.

1 reply

How to restore deleted iMessages from an old iCloud backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.