Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can deleted imessages be recovered from old iCloud backup?

I have two iPhones that are both signed into the same iCloud, iMessage etc. I deleted some iMessage conversations from one phone, but later saw they had also been deleted from the second phone. If I restore an iCloud backup from before I deleted the messages, will the deleted messages be back? I didn't want them to be deleted from my second phone. Is there any other way I can recover them if this doesn't work?

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 4:22 PM

zahrahman wrote:

I have two iPhones that are both signed into the same iCloud, iMessage etc. I deleted some iMessage conversations from one phone, but later saw they had also been deleted from the second phone. If I restore an iCloud backup from before I deleted the messages, will the deleted messages be back? I didn't want them to be deleted from my second phone. Is there any other way I can recover them if this doesn't work?

Base of your description you had this set up Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support which is not part of the icloud backup, thus can't be restored.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 4:22 PM in response to zahrahman

zahrahman wrote:

Base of your description you had this set up Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support which is not part of the icloud backup, thus can't be restored.

Can deleted imessages be recovered from old iCloud backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.