You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch (series 3) showing more flights climbed/not accurate

I live in a two story apartment and I've only went down the stairs once and down the stairs at work today - I have not walked up stairs at all but my watch says I've climbed 25 flights. Is there a bug?

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 7:24 AM

1 reply

Oct 23, 2020 6:00 PM in response to Jenine773

Hi Jenine773,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Apple Watch. Rest assured that we’ll do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We recommend trying the steps in the articles below to calibrate your Apple Watch and get the most accurate measurements.

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch

Also, we recommend that you keep the companion iPhone up to date. While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest version of iOS can help isolate potential software issues. Kindly secure a backup and update the companion iPhone if you haven't.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We recommend that you reach out to our Health & Fitness experts if the issue persists after trying the steps in the articles above.

You can use the support link below to reach out to them. Please select Apple Watch, click Health & Fitness, then choose the topic that best describes the issue or select "The topic is not listed" and provide a brief description.

Get Support

Cheers!

Apple watch (series 3) showing more flights climbed/not accurate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.