Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlocked Uk iPhone to use in greece

I brought a unlocked iPhone in 🇬🇧 as a present for a friend in Greece but her sim won’t activate with her greece SIM card. I thought unlock phones work worldwide but I’ve been told Unlock iphone work only with UK carriers where I brought it but how do I get this iPhone 7 to unlock to work anywhere in the world with any worldwide sim as it is a gift.

regards

DrPositive

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 8:29 AM

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 19, 2020 8:10 AM in response to DrPositive1

Where did you buy the phone? The only source for unlocked phones in the UK is directly from Apple, either online or in an Apple store. No other merchant sells unlocked phones. Several dealers sell phones that can be used with any UK carrier, but lock to the first carrier they are used with. Some of the sales people in these stores call these “unlocked” but they are not truly unlocked, only unlocked for use in UK.

Oct 19, 2020 8:34 AM in response to DrPositive1

The only possible solution is to find the carrier it is locked to, and ask that carrier to unlock it. As you did not buy it from Apple it is NOT an unlocked phone. You need to ask the seller for help. In checking I also see that MusicMagpie is not an authorized Apple reseller, so most likely the phone is not new and may be either used or gray market.

How to unlocked Uk iPhone to use in greece

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.