Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iPhone / iPad IOS14 to iMac 10.15

I updated my iMac, iPhone 8 Plus and iPad (6th) to latest OS over the weekend, now neither the iPhone nor iPad will sync with the iMac. When I plug either of them in I get a message that "A software update is required to connect". Then I click on Install and I get the message Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the software update server. It is important to me that me iPhone and iPad sync with my iMac.

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 8:14 AM

Have you considered syncing using iCloud? It is an automatic process and your devices would then always be in-sync.

iCloud Setup for IOS, Macs & MS Windows

2 replies

Oct 19, 2020 8:30 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Hey, @rkaufmann87, I wanted to tell you thank you!! I have successfully set up my documents and desktop to sync to iCloud now. Had to do some long needed cleanup in my Documents folder and delete a bunch of big files I don’t need, but its all done and can get to it all on my ipad and iphone now. I didn’t know I could do that and it’s going to work really well. So thank you!

BC

Sync iPhone / iPad IOS14 to iMac 10.15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.