Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally put google account into another app on Home Screen

How do I restore the google account icon back to my Home Screen? I searched the other app but can’t find the google account. Using iPhone XR using iOS 14.0.1.

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 10:48 AM

all you need to do is go to your home screen.. swipe left continually until you get to the App Library. pull down slightly.. you will see an alphabetical list of all your apps. Find the app you want to place on your home screen, tap/hold/drag and it'll pop out onto your home screen

8 replies

Oct 24, 2020 3:18 PM in response to Wayne-72

Hello Wayne-72,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We see that you want to restore your Google account icon back to the Home Screen on your iPhone. You accidentally put the Google account into another app on your iPhone. Could you mean that the Google icon was moved to a folder with another app? This is usually what happens when an app 'disappears' on the iPhone. Take a look at this support article for information on how to relocate apps and create folders on your iPhone:

How to move apps and create folders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can use the information in this article to locate the Google app on your iPhone:

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best regards.

Oct 31, 2020 9:25 AM in response to Wayne-72

Wayne-72 wrote:

Yes I accidentally moved my google account into the Utilities app folder. I followed your instructions but going to the Apple support prepared areas and categories doesn’t address how to deal with this problem and fix it. Is there another way if possible to return the google icon? If yes I will need instructions to get my google icon in the Home Screen. Thanks for your last reply

The instructions isn this link (also provided above) tell you how to move apps:

How to move apps and create folders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

But, to summarize, tap and hold the icon until it starts to wiggle. Drag it out of the fold that it's in and onto the Home screen. Tap "Done" at the top of the screen.

Oct 31, 2020 10:41 AM in response to Wayne-72

It sounds like the google app ended up in a folder with a utilities app. Open the folder so you can see the google app.

• Put your finger on the google app until the apps start wiggling then lift your finger.
  • put your finger on the center of the google app and drag the google app down and out of the grey box.
  • once the google app is outside of the boundaries of the grey box, lift your finger.

The google app should now be on your Home Screen and free standing.

Oct 31, 2020 8:59 AM in response to brenden dv

Yes I accidentally moved my google account into the Utilities app folder. I followed your instructions but going to the Apple support prepared areas and categories doesn’t address how to deal with this problem and fix it. Is there another way if possible to return the google icon? If yes I will need instructions to get my google icon in the Home Screen. Thanks for your last reply

Accidentally put google account into another app on Home Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.