Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 Contacts - Group has no members

I have a few groups set up in Contacts on my iOS device running iOS 14. when I try to send an email to a group, I get a message that says that the group has no members. But it manifestly does have members. What's up?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 6:13 AM

I’m experiencing the same problem. Ever since iOS 14 update the groups show no members on iOS but on my Mac there are there. Both iPad and iPhone have no members in groups. I have toggled them on and off, I have turned off contacts in other mail platforms (gmail) and I have checked iCloud to make sure they are set up. This is a great feature that I use all day for business. Any ideas?

121 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2020 6:13 AM in response to ksgordon

I’m experiencing the same problem. Ever since iOS 14 update the groups show no members on iOS but on my Mac there are there. Both iPad and iPhone have no members in groups. I have toggled them on and off, I have turned off contacts in other mail platforms (gmail) and I have checked iCloud to make sure they are set up. This is a great feature that I use all day for business. Any ideas?

Oct 25, 2020 9:42 AM in response to ksgordon

Hi there ksgordon,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you need help with your contact groups. If you look in your Contacts app, does it show your groups set up properly? Do you use iCloud to sync your contacts, or are you using a different email address or syncing service? If you are using iCloud, View contacts on iCloud.com to make sure your groups are also set up properly there.

Learn more about creating and editing groups here: Create a group of contacts on iCloud.com.

We hope this helps!

Nov 8, 2020 3:53 PM in response to ksgordon

Yep. As soon as I updated all iOS devices to 14.2 today I started getting the “No Members” error when using any of my groups in Mail.

The Groups, populated correctly are still there in the Contacts app itself.

For a long time I have had trouble using Group contacts in the BCC field. Nothing happened, without any error thrown even though they worked in the “To” field. My Workaround: I would have to drag and drop each contact from the To field to the BCC field.

Now nothing in any field works and they all say “No Members.”

This problem is identical on two different iPad models, but my IPhone SE is fine. Go figure!

Nov 17, 2020 3:09 PM in response to ksgordon

Hi. Just the same problem. Upgraded from ios 13 to 14.2 and the contact groups used in the mail app addressing field show no members.

It was and still is setup correctly in icloud. On iMac OK. In iphone XS not working. Used it each day, .... Apple, please do something. It worked for all past versions of iOS ... so, yes, it has been setup correctly. It is called backward compatibility.

Nov 24, 2020 1:04 PM in response to ksgordon

I have the same problem on IOS 14. On the mac Groups are still available, on IOS they are disappeared. It is a big problem, I work with the Ipad and I paid a lot of money - 1000€ - for not having such kind of problems typical of garbage OS on the market.

This problem MUST be solved immediately, because we paid a lot of money to have an excellent OS.

thanks. Anthony.

Nov 26, 2020 7:25 AM in response to mollieandjack

I did contact apple support a couple of days ago. First person had me do a reset of my ipad but nothing changed. Her supervisor came on asked me to do a few more things and after close to an hour I. suggested I wasn't the only one having this problem that there were many, many complaints on apple user support about this same problem. Finally I guess she checked because she told me that she agreed and that apple engineers were working on the problem and apologized for the problem. Not sure how long we will have to wait patiently.

Take care all. I am thinking trying to use gmail and see if I can transfer my contacts and group contacts

Charlie

Nov 26, 2020 7:30 AM in response to cldonohue

I contacted them too and even gave them the link to this forum. I explained that I only began having problems after updating to IOS 14.2 and everything they suggested I try has not worked. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with them including answering questions from their engineers.

It got to a point where I could not devote anymore time to what is a large scale problem that they need to fix.

iOS 14 Contacts - Group has no members

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.