Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can ı use iPhoto on my new macbook pro

iPhoto is not supported on my new mac, how can I use photos instead

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 8:11 AM

Also see the Photos user guide: Photos User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

If you have several iPhoto Libraries needing migration to Photos, and the libraries are on external drives, be sure to move them to supported volumes. Photos for Mac is more particular about the file system format of external volumes than iPhoto has been.keep the photo libraries on volumes that have a wired connection and have the file system format MacOS Extended (Journaled) or APFS. Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2020 8:11 AM in response to Yer_Man

Also see the Photos user guide: Photos User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

If you have several iPhoto Libraries needing migration to Photos, and the libraries are on external drives, be sure to move them to supported volumes. Photos for Mac is more particular about the file system format of external volumes than iPhoto has been.keep the photo libraries on volumes that have a wired connection and have the file system format MacOS Extended (Journaled) or APFS. Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac - Apple Support

how can ı use iPhoto on my new macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.