Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i download Netflix on iOS 12.4.8?

how can i download netflix? my ios only 12.4.8

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 4:06 AM

Don’t worry. If you have previously downloaded the Netflix on iphone 6 (when Netflix was compatible with iphone 6 version) then just go to the app store. Then click on Apps (at the botton right 2nd option) then click on your Apple id icon. Then go to Purchased Apps then click on “Not on this iPhone” then type Netflix and download it. Netflix will be easily installed.

61 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 4:06 AM in response to afeeyalaw

Don’t worry. If you have previously downloaded the Netflix on iphone 6 (when Netflix was compatible with iphone 6 version) then just go to the app store. Then click on Apps (at the botton right 2nd option) then click on your Apple id icon. Then go to Purchased Apps then click on “Not on this iPhone” then type Netflix and download it. Netflix will be easily installed.

Nov 1, 2020 9:26 PM in response to mirza849

It's not possible, you need to update to iOS 13 and iPhone 6 is not compatible above 12.4.8 so the only way that you're going to be able to update to be able to download the app is to get a new phone that is compatible with iOS 13. Netflix probably did an update and is no longer compatible with iOS 12 and that's why you're getting that error. If it's not already on your phone, you're not going to be able to get an older version of the app available. Once the developer decides to stop supporting the older versions of iOS then the only versions that are going to work is if you already have them installed on your phone. Once you no longer have it installed and you try to get it again, it's not possible.

Dec 15, 2020 7:20 PM in response to afeeyalaw

hi I also had this issue NetFlix was not compatible with my iPhone which runs ios 12

but I got NetFlix through I tunes

all u need is a computer. install iTunes from Apple - Support - Downloads

you should need to install iTunes 12.1.3 then log in to iTunes and enable the apps

then search the app u need

and click the get button under the app

and now go to your iPhone's AppStore

and open the purchase tab there search the app u just downloaded in iTunes

Feb 14, 2021 6:15 PM in response to gggg273

If you have NEVER downloaded Netflix before on your apple account, then look at the responses from "adith225" on December 20, 2020 (& December 15, 2020) and from "krimxtix" on January 7, 202. these are ways to get the most recent compatible version of the app.

(1) According to krimxtixx, You can ask someone who has Netflix app on their icloud/apple account to log onto your iPhone/iPad with iOS12.5.1 with their apple ID on the iCloud login. Go to app store & search Netflix. Download it & then log out of their account & into yours again. (I didn't do this.)

(2) If somebody with mutual trust will let you borrow their iOS13 device ( I did this), Have them log out of their apple/icloud account in the settings like above. Let it save their info onto the device just in case. Log your account onto their device. Don't merge contacts or anything. Just go to app store & "Purchase" netflix & any other iOS13 only apps. Then go log out of your iCloud & let them re-log in their device. Now on your iOS12 device, when you try to download Netflix in the app store it should say "an older version is available"

It looks like this to log in/out in the settings.

(3) Third option that I haven't tried but WILL is to download iTunes to your desktop computer. Adith225 explained on Dec. 15, 2020. On there you could purchase apps on your apple account & then go back to your iOS12 device app store. You should be able to download the most recent compatible version since you already purchased the device

Nov 19, 2020 8:50 AM in response to refat258

As I have stated before the latest version of Netflix requires 13 or later, sorry, they made a change to the app that will no longer all you to install it to your older devices. If it was already present it should continue to work unless there is a requirement in the app that needs the update to function. This is a change Netflix made, and has nothing to do with Apple. Please refer to them for further help.

Dec 20, 2020 4:39 AM in response to Weebs-4_1

Yes,

its easy borrow ur friend’s newer iPhone login using ur apple id then install Netflix on that iPhone after that logout then go to ur iPhone the open app store > Purchases then search for Netflix and install the app ;-)

u can also use iTunes to download Netflix for that u need a computer then install iTunes older version 12.3.x then login into the iTunes

using ur apple id then go to app section in iTunes and search Netflix in the search bar then click get button underneath the app

and wait for a while until it get install and go to ur iPhone and follow what I said in the first method appstore > Purchases and the search for Netflix and then click the on cloud symbol

that's all

hope it worked ;-)

Dec 31, 2020 9:53 PM in response to afeeyalaw

Like someone mentioned if you already “purchased” Netflix then it will download the most recent compatible older version of the app for your iOS.

Your get-around would be if you could borrow someone’s apple device (iPhone/iPad) with iOS13 & who will let you log them out of iCloud in the settings of the device. Then you can log in your Apple ID/iCloud on the borrowed device, go to the App Store, and “get” Netflix on your account. Afterwards your iOS 12.4.8 device will be able to download a compatible version. Naturally you have to log out of the borrowed device as in the beginning and have the owner log in their account.

This is what I did for a hand-me-down iPad mini 3 running iOS 12.5 & borrowing the former owner’s new iPad.

Jan 4, 2021 7:00 AM in response to Semisubmersible

Thank you for the advice.

When this first happened I deleted the Netflix app on my iPhone 6 and then tried downloading it again from the App store, but kept getting an error messsage saying that it is incompatible with an IOS earlier than 13. This despite the fact that my Netflix app previously worked great. Might this be because I am on a family member's account and the streaming service is not in my name?

I will see if I can try the second method you suggested.

Deborah

Jan 13, 2021 3:41 PM in response to Ahmadr299

The first time I tried it back in October I must have done it wrong. But I just tried again and must have gotten it right this time because it worked! I got a message to the effect that Netflix requires IOS 13 but asking if I wanted to download an older version. Very happy now that I won't have to come up with the money to buy a new phone. Much appreciated.

Feb 15, 2021 7:23 AM in response to dcohen2

Oops - my copy didn't paste. Trying again...

deborah

Ahmadr299 • Level 1 (11 points)

• Apple recommended

Don't worry. If you have previously downloaded the Netflix on iphone 6 (when Netflix was compatible

with iphone6 version) then Just go to the app store.Then click on Apps (at the botton right 2nd

option) then click on your Apple id icon.Then go to Purchased Apps then click on "Not on this

iPhone" then type Netflix and download it Netflix will be easily installed.

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 4:06 AM

Apr 16, 2021 12:39 PM in response to konrad116

I had this same issue with my old iPhone 6. Thanks to advice from this community I got the workaround, but I think you have to have had a working Netflix app on your phone before it became incompatible with an IOS under 13. Open Apps, click on 'apps' at the bottom of the screen, click on your profile icon in the upper right, click on 'purchased,' find Netflix and click on it. It will display the message that it requires IOS 13 or above but it should also give you the option of downloading an older version. It did the trick for me.

Good luck.

Apr 27, 2021 10:48 AM in response to ZintainUSA

This is not accurate, Apple does keep older versions of the Netflix app that can be downloaded, however you need to have the app already "purchased" in your app history. If you look in your purchased apps (unhelpfully organized by date of purchase) and find it Netflix you can download the older version. Apple probably makes finding old versions hard because they want you to buy new hardware, that is how they make their billions. Scummy I know but, they loooove making money.

How can i download Netflix on iOS 12.4.8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.