Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files App

I just bought an iPad Pro and I am unable to install files. It says unable to install Files. Please try again later. It’s also doing the same thing in my iPhone.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 3:28 AM

You may want to try restarting the iPad, to do that, just click either the volume up or volume down button, and after doing that, hold on the top button till a slider appears on screen which says 'slide to turn off'.

To start it up again, hold on the top button till the device boots.

If the above steps don't help, try switching to a different network, possibly your phone's cellular hotspot and try downloading it.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2020 3:28 AM in response to Albesam

You may want to try restarting the iPad, to do that, just click either the volume up or volume down button, and after doing that, hold on the top button till a slider appears on screen which says 'slide to turn off'.

To start it up again, hold on the top button till the device boots.

If the above steps don't help, try switching to a different network, possibly your phone's cellular hotspot and try downloading it.

Oct 20, 2020 3:29 AM in response to Albesam

Thanks for the screenshot - although it is such low resolution I can’t actually read it.

As best as I can tell, you might be attempting to install an App, from the App Store on your iPad. If this is the native Files App, an integral element of iOS/iPadOS, this might imply that you have previously uninstalled this App from the iPad?

Files App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.