Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple ID and Downloads

I have a work phone in a new job which has apps on it but isn't signed into an apple ID (I assume it once had an apple id that has now been signed out) therefore I have created a new work apple id to connect the phone to which has worked but I can now not update any of the apps that are already on the phone as it is asking me to sign into the apple ID (not specifying which one) and then saying password is incorrect, but it is definitely the correct password for the new account.

Can anybody shed some light?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 10:17 AM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2020 10:17 AM in response to liberte112

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

apple ID and Downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.