Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer asked me to go to one of my devices, and sign in to iCloud to approve my MacBook Pro. I’m on my phone trying to do it but am lost what to do

How do I approve my MacBook Pro from my phone?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 11:43 AM

Here you go: View and manage your Apple ID trusted devices on Mac - Apple Support

Your iPhone must appear as a "trusted device" in the list shown in that example screenshot.

If what you see does not resemble the one in that Apple Support document, click Account Details, then Devices. Click your iPhone. "This device is trusted and can receive Apple ID verification codes" must appear for it to be considered a "trusted device".

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2020 11:43 AM in response to blainefromonoway

Here you go: View and manage your Apple ID trusted devices on Mac - Apple Support

Your iPhone must appear as a "trusted device" in the list shown in that example screenshot.

If what you see does not resemble the one in that Apple Support document, click Account Details, then Devices. Click your iPhone. "This device is trusted and can receive Apple ID verification codes" must appear for it to be considered a "trusted device".

My computer asked me to go to one of my devices, and sign in to iCloud to approve my MacBook Pro. I’m on my phone trying to do it but am lost what to do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.