Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Export From iPhone

Hello,

I have been working on an iMovie project from my phone, and I send it to iCloud, now I am not able to import it on my iPad nor my MacBook, upon looking for more information on this issue I came across an article saying that the extension might not be supported since the update to OS Catalina...

I would be surprised if Apple did not also update the compatibility between devices as they are promoting hand-off and continuity...

Am I doing something wrong... I have been stuck as this for 3 days and I don't want to start over...

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 5:59 PM

Hi,

Use the AirDrop feature on your iPhone to export the project as a project (versus a video) to your Mac. It will export to the Downloads folder on the Mac, from where you can double click on it and it will open as an iMovie for Mac project. Both devices must have AirDrop enabled, and the devices must be less than 30 feet apart.

Also, you can consult the help menu on your iPhone for more details. I have not tried exporting an iOS project from one iOS device (i.e, phone) to another (iPad).

-- Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2020 5:59 PM in response to T0m_Tr0ubl3

Hi,

Use the AirDrop feature on your iPhone to export the project as a project (versus a video) to your Mac. It will export to the Downloads folder on the Mac, from where you can double click on it and it will open as an iMovie for Mac project. Both devices must have AirDrop enabled, and the devices must be less than 30 feet apart.

Also, you can consult the help menu on your iPhone for more details. I have not tried exporting an iOS project from one iOS device (i.e, phone) to another (iPad).

-- Rich

iMovie Export From iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.