Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White dot (not a dead pixel) showing in the top left corner of the home and control center screen

See attached images from my iPhone 11 Pro Max. There is white dot in the top left corner of the screen that has started showing up today. I have upgraded to iOS 14.1 but that doesn't seem the issue, as I have an iPhone 8 that shows the same dot with iOS14.0.

The dot will slide with the lock screen (it is not a dead pixel) and will show up also in the control center drop down screen. It will move with it.

The white dot is not to be seen on any other screen.

Restarting the phone does nothing.

Is this a UI bug or something else is happening?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 2:20 AM

@SravanKrA - I discovered this bug on my phone and I don't have any link to any Telstra resource about this, sorry. Telstra needs to update their carrier settings or whatever else they need to do so that the correct network name is displayed on our phones. I wonder if Android phone users see the same behavior.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 2:20 AM in response to SravanKrA

@SravanKrA - I discovered this bug on my phone and I don't have any link to any Telstra resource about this, sorry. Telstra needs to update their carrier settings or whatever else they need to do so that the correct network name is displayed on our phones. I wonder if Android phone users see the same behavior.

White dot (not a dead pixel) showing in the top left corner of the home and control center screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.