Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can iPhone 12 pro max be polished on its sides?

Ok.. so I’m going to buy the iPhone 12 pro max in silver, I’m seeing that people are saying that the stainless steel sides are PVD coated.. can that be polished like I polished the Xs Max and 11 Pro max on its sides? .. Those seem to be the areas my phone gets scratched even in a case... I polished and buffed my last two phones with no problem but people are saying that was raw stainless steel... this is supposedly PVD coated... or is the other colors that are PVD coated... so Confused. Can anyone answer this for me... and if all colors are PVD coated can I polish with cape cod metal polishing cloths like I did before?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 12:55 AM

Can work on this???

21 replies

Oct 25, 2020 7:10 PM in response to NicoleArmd

From what i have seen Silver is the only make that does not get the PVD treatment and I can honestly say from my previous models it’s true, therefore if you ever had an iPod with the stainless steel casing, it’s the easiest to scratch since it is raw! But with that said some people self polish their stuff, or buy a $30 polishing rag. Still I heard the gold has the most durable treatment out of all them, but still.

Dec 10, 2020 11:41 PM in response to LD150

Im doing this for several years. Used on mother's xs (gold) . Probably more than 15 20 times it cameout as brand new . But one has to be very careful b/w choosing a polish . Not advisable to use harsh brasso like metal polish choose mild like meguiers , autofinesse chrome & metal polish & use very small amount with light hand

Can iPhone 12 pro max be polished on its sides?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.