Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook still not sending emails

I downloaded ios 14.0.1 which supposedly fixed my iPhone SE so that I could send emails from my default email program Outlook.

I still cannot send emails from Outlook from my iphone

Is there a trick to this or some other setting I need to adjust?

Thank you in advance for any assistance

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 2:45 PM

Peggywnc wrote:

I downloaded ios 14.0.1 which supposedly fixed my iPhone SE so that I could send emails from my default email program Outlook.

try downloading 14.1

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 2:45 PM in response to Peggywnc

Peggywnc wrote:

try downloading 14.1

Oct 22, 2020 9:51 AM in response to Peggywnc

Peggywnc wrote:

Also, I have an old Pop3 account rather than IMAP so often my settings are different than what's online when you google it.

Pop 3 is really out dated, maybe look into using an IMAP account.

I would now defer to Microsoft or their support site on how to set that up or see if this link helps Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Or you may just need to download the Outlook app and go from there.

Oct 22, 2020 9:30 AM in response to razmee209

I am using the Apple Mail app.

I saw deleting the mail account as an option in several of the apple community articles. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.

I have not tried deleting and reinstalling the mail account because I fear I don't know how to do it correctly.

It's probably easy enough to delete the mail account but when I reinstall it, I don't know all the settings.....there are so many screens. My son put this on my phone for me but now, sadly, he is across the country.

I'm afraid that after I try to reinstall it, I won't be able to send or receive.

Outlook still not sending emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.