Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i access appleTV+ app through my xfinity account

If this is not possible, when will it be? My sony Smart Tv also doesn't support the AppleTV+ app.

BTW naming the App "appleTV+" and the device Apple TV is not too confusing.

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 2:56 PM

how do i access appleTV+ app through my xfinity account? If this is not possible, when will it be?

No statements have been made to that effect.

My sony Smart Tv also doesn't support the AppleTV+ app.

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ and use the Apple TV app - Apple Support

If your TV doesn’t have native support for the Apple TV app, and also doesn’t support AirPlay, then you would need to connect a HDMI streaming device that has the Apple TV app (such as an Apple TV box, a Roku, or a Fire TV).

The app is named “Apple TV app”. “Apple TV+” is one of the services inside the Apple TV app. There is no Apple TV+ app. The Apple TV device has the Apple TV app with the Apple TV+ service and other services. Some third party devices also have the Apple TV app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 2:56 PM in response to Crowsfeet48

how do i access appleTV+ app through my xfinity account? If this is not possible, when will it be?

No statements have been made to that effect.

My sony Smart Tv also doesn't support the AppleTV+ app.

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ and use the Apple TV app - Apple Support

If your TV doesn’t have native support for the Apple TV app, and also doesn’t support AirPlay, then you would need to connect a HDMI streaming device that has the Apple TV app (such as an Apple TV box, a Roku, or a Fire TV).

The app is named “Apple TV app”. “Apple TV+” is one of the services inside the Apple TV app. There is no Apple TV+ app. The Apple TV device has the Apple TV app with the Apple TV+ service and other services. Some third party devices also have the Apple TV app.

Oct 21, 2020 3:39 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I have a 2018 65 inch 4k sony smart TV. I pay 220/month to comast. That includes Hulu, HBO, showtime ,prime,netflix etc. Now you're telling me that to watch anything on the "AppleTV app", iwould need to buy a $200 "Apple TV Device". Really?

I understand that apple has not made the "app" available on all sony models and there is some kind of conflict with Xfinity over carrying it. (Xfinity allows me access to all of the above). why nor the apple "app".

Just bought a new iphone and offered a year free on the "app". Really don't want to watch movies on my phone

My questions

1) is there any indication that the conflict with xfinity is being resolved

2) is there any indication that apple will make an "app" available for my TV (sony Model VBR-85X900F?

how do i access appleTV+ app through my xfinity account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.