Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what if i dont see text message forwarding on my iphone

I am trying to set up text messages on my laptop but i do not see text message forwarding when i go to settings - messages- etc

MacBook Air 11″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 5:15 PM

If you go to Settings>Messages, you are not seeing an entry for Text Message Forwarding? Are the laptop and iPhone logged in with the same Apple ID? See this for instructions, Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support Click on Text Message Forwarding there and follow the instructions. What version of iPhone and iOS do you have? The document on Text Message Forwarding also has a statement about what to do if you do not see Text Message Forwarding on your phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 5:15 PM in response to Lucantoni143

If you go to Settings>Messages, you are not seeing an entry for Text Message Forwarding? Are the laptop and iPhone logged in with the same Apple ID? See this for instructions, Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support Click on Text Message Forwarding there and follow the instructions. What version of iPhone and iOS do you have? The document on Text Message Forwarding also has a statement about what to do if you do not see Text Message Forwarding on your phone.

what if i dont see text message forwarding on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.