Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV mirror screen

My smart tv have the Apple app but is not mirroring my phone? Before it would now it not anymore can anyone help me?

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 6:38 AM

Having the Apple TV app doesn’t affect the AirPlay capability. I think these are unrelated.

Can your iPhone detect the AirPlay-enabled TV as AirPlay destination? Can you select it? What happens when you try to mirror?

Could it be that your iPhone and the TV are not connected to the same home network when you tried? (E.g. if Wi-Fi is (temporarily) disabled on your phone.)

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device’s screen - Apple Support

If AirPlay or screen mirroring isn’t working on your device - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2020 6:38 AM in response to K2xvasquez

Having the Apple TV app doesn’t affect the AirPlay capability. I think these are unrelated.

Can your iPhone detect the AirPlay-enabled TV as AirPlay destination? Can you select it? What happens when you try to mirror?

Could it be that your iPhone and the TV are not connected to the same home network when you tried? (E.g. if Wi-Fi is (temporarily) disabled on your phone.)

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device’s screen - Apple Support

If AirPlay or screen mirroring isn’t working on your device - Apple Support

Apple TV mirror screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.