Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No app notifications sounds and vibration

Hello all,

I am recently noticing multiple apps on my iphone 11 pro that are not playing a sound or a vibration when the notification comes in. The notification arrives on my lock screen and in notification center as well as forwards to my apple watch series 6 but never play a sound or vibrate. i intentionally left my iphone screen on and waited for one of the suspect apps to send me a notification and sure enough i see the notification banner come up but no sound or vibration. Of course I went in to the notification settings and double checked that everything was on the way it should be and all notifications are set up the way they should be, the way that i have had them set up the whole time, nothing has changed. The suspect apps that i have found so far are Amazon shopping app, the patch news app, zillow app, cbs new app, snapchat (when someone adds to their story only, i get notification sound if someone snaps me directly). I don't where the problem lies, i rebooted the iphone (hard and soft), rebooted the apple watch (hard and soft), deleted the suspect apps and reinstalled, still nothing. Is this something that is a problem with the operating system or this a problem with the apps themselves? I really need this resolved, anyone else seeing this issue?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 7:33 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 27, 2020 8:51 AM in response to Mgdis4me82

Hi Mgdis4me82,

We noted that you're having an issue with some apps not having a notification sound/vibration when they arrive to your device. Being able to receive an audible alert can certainly be helpful, and we'd like to assist.

It sounds like you've tried some good steps already with verifying the notification settings, reinstalling affected apps, and restarting the device. Which version of iOS is currently installed? The latest version available at the moment is iOS 14.1. You can check for the installed version at Settings > General > About > Software Version.

If you need to update, be sure to back up to iCloud or a computer ahead of time, to help preserve your data. This page can assist with the update process, if needed:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, let's double-check to see if Do Not Disturb is either enabled, or scheduled to be enabled at certain times. You can look for that in Settings > Do Not Disturb.

Take care!

No app notifications sounds and vibration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.