Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 with new recent iOSs can't send group text message to a group including Android phone!

Iphone 7 with new recent iOSs can't send group text message to a group including Android phone! Anyone knows how to resolve this issue? Thanks.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 8:40 AM

To successfully send a group text that contains non-iOS devices in it, you first must have MMS turned on in Settings on your device, and you must have an SMS/MMS plan active with your carrier. If the message contains any media, such as a photo, you must also have cellular data turned on. Check to see if you can send an SMS to a non-iOS device individually. If not, then contact your carrier. There are no other settings other than the MMS switch in Messages and needing to have cellular data turned on for sending messages to non-iOS devices.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2020 8:40 AM in response to kgxu

To successfully send a group text that contains non-iOS devices in it, you first must have MMS turned on in Settings on your device, and you must have an SMS/MMS plan active with your carrier. If the message contains any media, such as a photo, you must also have cellular data turned on. Check to see if you can send an SMS to a non-iOS device individually. If not, then contact your carrier. There are no other settings other than the MMS switch in Messages and needing to have cellular data turned on for sending messages to non-iOS devices.

Oct 22, 2020 10:57 AM in response to kgxu

Well, as I said earlier, I was waiting to see if my group test went through, and I've received responses that they received it. I really cannot think of any other issue it could be on the phone end. If you feel it is a bug in the iOS, you can contact Apple Support to help you troubleshoot it, or you can just report your feeling it is a bug by using the feedback link. Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Oct 22, 2020 10:13 AM in response to kgxu

Well, I've not experienced a problem, and don't recall seeing a number of posts here about it. However, given that you and a friend are experience the same problem with the message, I would suggest deleting the message on both devices and starting it over again and see if that works. I just started a message with my son and niece. My son has iPhone, and my niece using Android. The message when through just fine as far as I can tell. I did not receive an error. I'm waiting for a quick response to ensure they received it. We all use AT&T.

Oct 22, 2020 10:24 AM in response to kgxu

It is interesting that you are both experiencing an issue and are both on different carriers. Like I said earlier, there are really minimal settings on the iPhone that pertain to group messaging, like I said, those are controlled by the carriers. Apple's support documents indicate the same troubleshooting I provided, and to check with the carrier. How many non-iOS devices are in the group? Have you tried creating a different group with someone else with an iPhone and someone with a non-iOS device to test to see if it is overall or just that particular group?

Iphone 7 with new recent iOSs can't send group text message to a group including Android phone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.