Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

watch app won't start on iphone

Hi everyone,

I have an iPhone 11 running iOS 14.0.1. I did just see there's an update available to 14.1, so I'm downloading that. I'll post if it helps.

I have an Apple Watch Series 6 A2291 running 7.0.2 (18R402).

Whenever I try to open the Apple Watch app on the iPhone, it disappears and never actually opens.

Just wondering if this is a known issue and what I can try.

Thanks!

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 9:24 AM

See this above removing built-in apps on the iPhone. Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support I'm not exactly sure what you did to the app to get it to disappear like that. I know you can get a home page to hide, but I wasn't aware of an app. I'll be looking for an answer to that. See if this helps that, Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2020 9:24 AM in response to Theo0101

See this above removing built-in apps on the iPhone. Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support I'm not exactly sure what you did to the app to get it to disappear like that. I know you can get a home page to hide, but I wasn't aware of an app. I'll be looking for an answer to that. See if this helps that, Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

Oct 22, 2020 8:37 AM in response to Theo0101

Upgraded to 14.1 and Watch App on my iPhone still won't open. I get a black screen when I swipe up for the Watch App after trying to start it, but if I tap on it it disappears.

The Apple Watch is brand new and I was able to link it to the iPhone by pointing the camera at that swirly screen on the Apple Watch during the setup process. I have never been able to get into the app on the iPhone though.

Oct 22, 2020 9:18 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I was able to have the app not appear on my iPhone. I forget what I tapped but it said something like hide from screen. Now, in the App Store, it looks like it's installed but when I tap on Open, I get the same thing. It disappears immediately and if I swipe up, it looks like it's open with just a black screen but when I tap on it it goes away.

watch app won't start on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.